Monday 18 March 2013

CONSTRUCTION: PROBLEMS I HAVE FACED WITH COLOUR CORRECTION

I faced several problems during the colour correction process. One problem I immediately was presented with was the ability to create a similar effect on clips in the same scene. For example, a clip of the nerd character infront of the fountain at Bushy Park was likely to appear later in the music video (because of the style of the music video). I would edit one clip of me there and duplicate the entire effects menu onto the other clip of me in the same location later in the timeline. This ensured that the same levels of equaliser, contrast etc. were applied to the same scenes throughout the timeline.

Another problem i faced was dealing with bright colours, mainly by the costumes i wore. After applying effects such as brightness and contrast, the bright pink colour of my onesie was overly vibrant when the background was just fine. I had to find a way of manipulating the colours of my onesie and woody outfit without changing the majority of the colours of the background. This involved my compensating some of the background colours in order to tone down the bright colours. 

A good effect to use in this situation, i found, was Levels and RGB Curves. It was an easy effect tool in which i could alter the line up and down so that particular colours (e.g. bright colours) could be lowered in terms of brightness where other colours in the shot can have little impact or change.


1 comment:

  1. Very competent work. I'd place the image at the top and make it larger. Illustrate the 'nerd'? The bright colours referred to?

    ReplyDelete